Thursday, January 20, 2005

And then God said...

You hear christian saying these sort of statements - about God speaking personally to them. Its never something that I have experienced noticbly (audibly?) in my walk. I was trying it yesterday in my quiet time, to listen quietly for God to speak, and for me it raises the question of how do I know what is God talking and whats just my own generationthoughts in my mind? Does God "talk to people or is it just they're mind generating stuff they know is consistent with Gods word, which I guess is God speaking anyway - does it actually matter?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Just wanted to let you know I enjoy reading your blog. Check mine out sometime (http://whatbox.blogspot.com)

5:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah...i had this friend in college who said things like that all the time and I asked her once how she knew it was God. She said he really did talk to her audibly.

And Satan. She said Satan had a sexy voice

Yup. I'm not making that up.

I think people generate things in their minds and say it's from God. At the same time, I don't know that God doesn't sometimes use that.

For my money, a real, actual result is more convincing. You're praying about an issue and a solution presents itself....not as an idea in your head, but as an external happening.

8:31 am  
Blogger Bruce M. Axtens said...

I've never heard an audible voice either. Probably just as well ... I'd fixate on it.

Colossians 2:18-19 Let no one disqualify you, insisting on self-abasement and worship of angels, taking his stand on visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind, and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God.

Better for me at least to fixate on Christ and not some past experience, no matter how profound.

10:40 am  
Blogger Lionfish said...

I think you know the Truth Cam.

God will speak to you by placing things on your heart.

12:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home