Friday, November 12, 2004

How to Dismantle and Atomic Bomb

Yesterday I got a hurried SMS from a good mate telling me the new U2 album was being played in all its fullness on Nova Fm. So of course being the devoted U2 tradgic I am I fell over myself trying to turn the radio on as quickly as I could to catch what was being played.

All in all I was pretty happy with what i heard. I felt like I knew some of the songs already coz I've been reading about them for weeks now, but it was great to hear them and catch some of the lyrics in context of the music. The major feature I noticed is that the edge has reclaimed his sound, namely the echo, chiming chord and ringing open strings. Was good to hear them again!

I'm hanging out to get hold of an album! I've been wondering when 98.5 is going to play their new songs. I hope they realise the spirituality of the music and play the songs rather than just wait until they become popular on other station and follow suite. There is a great oppurtunity to lead in perth by playing the worlds biggest band who play christian music. Note that that is very different to the world biggest christian band...

So rodney - if your reading, you have my permission to play them and if you have any advance albums, you can shoot one my way!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home