Sunday, October 10, 2004

the elections over...

Well - quite interesting in the end, although for different reasons than I thought. I was anticipating a Coalition win but with lost seat and a very closly contested lower house number of seats. And what we ended up with was a blowout to the government...who would have thought. I guess people just reacted against Lathams inexperience and went for howard even though some undesireable stuff has gone done in his time.
I hope that people have gone for the libs coz they figure that Costello's coming in soon anyway so they will get a change in PM whilst retaining the experienced fiscal team. I'm hope that Costello will bring some better social policies in regard to our own country but also internationally. I think his background will have given him a strong social conscience and I'm hoping that has stayed alive during all the economic years...
Anyway, as an Aussie I'm not really ment to talk about politics am I....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home