Monday, August 09, 2004

Music

Its amazing how some people relate to music more than others, and it speaks to people differently. I lack the ability to just listen to music, I have to analyse it and think about the lyrics and what the songwriter was thinking about at the time. I therefore get a huge amount of of music and would say that it is the medium that makes me think and ponder life more than any other thing.
Being a christian there are pressures that christian music is the only place to get this music inspired thinking but I disagree, in a big way. While a lot of contemporary christian music is good and thoughtful, a lot of the time it isn't honest. I appreciate honest songwritting, people struggling with life and how to get through it. I love hearing secular (I hate that word) music and hearing someone searching for something bigger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home